Pages

Empty Nest News & other bits of ridiculous nonsense

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Leaving for Las Vegas

On Thursday I am leaving for Las Vegas. This is our annual "staff get away". I will be back home Sunday evening.

I am not the kind of person who likes to leave home, unless absolutely necessary. This causes incredible anxiety. If I never left home again it would be too soon. There is nothing that cannot be delivered right to my own front door.

In preparation for this upcoming event I went to Walgreens last night with Beth and bought several small travel items, shampoo, toothpaste, lotion, soap etc.. I was hoping that would get me in the mood for travel. NO!
Then I went to Raley's and got some goodies to soothe me on the way, Jolly Ranchers, Apple Jacks and Life Savers. I was hoping that would get me in the mood for travel. NO!
Then I went to the Pharmacy for medication, to ease the edge off, to get me through this trip. I was hoping that would get me in the mood for travel. OK - well maybe.
I am very appreciative about the generous gift of a trip, completely planned by my most generous friend (1st), boss (2nd). Whitney is amazing at planning all sorts of things. As a matter of fact if it weren't for her I would have been absolutely no where, not even on an airplane. For that I am eternally grateful and appreciative. She has been wonderful to me, and I always end up having a good time. That is once I get out my own front door.

I am just not like most people. I don't like getting dressed up for special events, I am nervous about sharing space with people outside of my family. I don't possess the budget or fashion sense equal to my travel mates. Honestly my favorite place to be is at home. My home expects nothing of me. It doesn't care if I am happy or sad, always has a comfortable place to rest, and really doesn't care about what I am wearing. It cares only that I am in it, and that I give it a life, my life.

Everything I need is right here at home.

SEE.

No comments: