I mail ordered some plants. They arrived this week. I have ordered plants through the mail before and was NOT successful at getting them to grow. However, after learning more about plants I realized before that I
may have planted them upside down (roots facing up)!!! I was reminded of this when I opened the box and saw these bare root perennials. I had forgotten about my previous experience. Somehow I just thought they would arrive in safe little pony packs like you get when you go the nursery. I had anticipated the weather would be spring like today, but NO... It is windy and overcast. Not exactly a great day to be out at the barn. I put on a coat and scarf, turned on the lights in the barn and gathered up my planting partner, Molly.

This is my planting helper today.
MOLLY :)

Potting (tack) room in the barn.



My other helper, Wiley.
I hope this is the plant and NOT the roots.
It was windy and cold but still felt good to be outside. I hope this time all the plants flourish. We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment