Summer has been good to me this year. I love summer and am sad to see it go. I love the long days and spending lots of time outside. I don't even mind the heat. Not that I super enjoy the outdoors when the temp is over 100, but it usually doesn't last long.
The highlight of summer was my oldest daughter, Tonya's, wedding. I have a new son-in-law. He adores my daughter, so that makes him my favorite. (did I mention he is my only son-in-law too) :)
Kristina & Beth hosted a bridal shower for Tonya here at my house in May. Other than the heat it was a great party. Thanks to Lisa & Debbie for help in preparing and serving really great food.
Tonya & Ryan are starting their new home here in Oroville. I am so lucky to have them close by.
All of my daughters, Kristina & Beth, were in the wedding, which made it even more special. I am so proud of all of them. They are truly beautiful young women. I couldn't have felt more proud to be their mom.
Tonya & Ryan are starting their new home here in Oroville. I am so lucky to have them close by.
All of my daughters, Kristina & Beth, were in the wedding, which made it even more special. I am so proud of all of them. They are truly beautiful young women. I couldn't have felt more proud to be their mom.
I reconnected with family that I hadn't seen in about 8ish years. Wow- not only did I get to see them at the wedding, we had a great family breakfast the day after the wedding. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pix because I was too exhausted and did not make the effort to bring out the camera. UGH... I am kicking myself now!Thanks to my cousin William and his adorable girlfriend, Jessie, we had an awesome camp-out down at the Russian River in August. (I did take lots of pix, but not "formal" type posing pix..bummer. I know that everyone hates it when we insist that you get together for fam "posing" stuff, but next time we are together I am definitely making everyone do so. I think we will all appreciate it better than the family "circle" pix that I mostly ended up with.) I love being with my family and plan to keep in close touch with all of them.
I had a wonderful flower & vegetable garden. - I wanted to post the pix here, (they are at the top instead) but I am new to this blogging stuff and was lucky enough to just get them to this post at all!!!
The girls & I took a trip to the bay area to see Bob & Linda & Boys. Daniel graduated from high school and Doug was getting ready to leave for college...off to San Diego. We stayed at my sis' Jen & Roberts house. It was a great time for all of us.
Fall season has officially arrived this past Monday. The harvest moon, as usual, was gorgeous. I love being aware of the seasons and the changes they bring. Last year the harvest moon was in October and September was a Corn Moon. I had to find out why... because the Harvest Moon is always the full moon closest to the Fall equinox. If the Harvest Moon occurs in October, the September moon is called a Corn Moon. Historically the Native Americans kept track of the seasons by giving names to each full moon. Just a fact to share :)
How's that for Empty Nest News?
No comments:
Post a Comment