Pages

Empty Nest News & other bits of ridiculous nonsense

Friday, January 22, 2010

I Live Here...

My internet fix tonight is a blog that I have followed for quite some time now. 

I Live Here SF    and    Tangobaby

The photographer, Julie Michelle , is a self taught photographer in San Francisco. Julie's San Francisco blog shares photographs and stories of the people that call San Francisco home. I find this so fascinating...people who are drawn to the city. Their stories are pretty amazing.

Once a very, very long time ago I dreamed that when I grew up I would live in San Francisco. Whatever in the world possessed me make such a statement I will never know. As a matter of fact I was so adamant about living in the City I told my mother that I would not need to learn how to cook because I was going to live in the City and have a personal chef and a maid service to boot.

Thank goodness life took me in the complete opposite direction, I am NOT a city dweller by any means, although I could go for the chef and maid service. Unfortunately, my "country income" excludes that luxury.
Never the less I am intrigued by those who have chosen the City as their home.

I would really enjoy having a "I Live Here" blog for my local area. The trouble is actually finding people that would be willing to share their story. Country Folk have a tendency to keep to themselves.

You never know, one day I might just happen to come along someone who would be willing to share their story.
I'll be ready...
Hello... my name is Cow. I Live Here...

No comments: